Hi, we are almost in the last week of the year. And I want to share my recap of the past, and wishes for the next year. Happy new year to you all!
In general, this year was good enough from different perspectives. We all faced a pandemic in the last two years. Fortunately, the effects of this unpleasant situation are almost gone. So 2022 was kind of a new beginning after the pandemic. Hope we will not be tested in such conditions again. Anyway, I tried to sum up my personal achievements in this post.
- The first thing that comes to my mind is that I have joined the official Community Builders program of Amazon Web Services. The program has been a great challenge so far. I’ve learned a lot about cloud technologies. I am sure that it is just the beginning.
- Since I have the encouragement for getting cloud certified, I got two of them, which are Cloud Practitioner and Solutions Architect Associate. Both of the exams were in August. So that month was really harsh.
- I’ve been focusing on product management of network software solutions more. I am aiming to design and build network products for my company Argela.
- I was always curious about programming and decided to improve my coding skills. So I completed one of the most popular computer science lectures, Harvard’s CS50, in the last quarter of the year. Currently studying and practising Python, especially in the networking field.
- I am finally back to reading. I have read 5 books in the last two months. Now reading The Foundation by Isaac Asimov.
- I started to learn a new language since I am interested in linguistics as an amateur occupation. Therefore I have been learning Dutch on Duolingo for almost a year. I have a 340-day streak at the moment! It has lots of characteristics in common with English and German.
I won’t be very precise about my goals. It is said that focusing on purposes very strictly brings success. Well, I don’t totally agree with it. Life can be tough sometimes, especially when you force yourself to do something insistently. Whatever you want to do, try to do it continuously. It is not important whether you take a big or small step. Just take a simple step. The most important (also the hardest) part is continuity. If you can do it, then I’m sure that you’ll succeed.
- I will be setting sight on my project management responsibilities more, and give my effort to build new products and projects with my team.
- I will write more technical articles on networking and cloud.
- I am determined to get another certificate. I don’t know which I’ll be heading for, but it will be related to my interests for sure. Probably PMP or cloud-related again.
- I miss reading science fiction. So I’ll be completing The Foundation series first, and Dune series by Frank Herbert afterwards.
- My German skills are rusty. I might try to practise it a little.
- I really want to kick off a side project. Making hobbies a product is a dream. Let’s see what will happen.
- And I will be a much better person than my current situation by keeping up self-development.
I wish you a happy and healthy new year…